2021 Planning and Budgeting: What AEC Firms Should Include in their Sales & Marketing Plans Next Year
As we approach 2021, it’s time to start thinking about annual marketing budgets and where to allocate funds moving into the new year. For the AEC industry, tradeshows, client events, and conferences are common line items up for discussion during budget planning, but COVID through a wrench in those plans for 2020, causing many firms to pivot and embrace other tactics like digital marketing. So what pre-pandemic marketing, sales, and business development tactics stay or go in 2021, and what post-pandemic tactics need to stay?
On this episode of AEC Marketing for Principals, hosts Judy Sparks and Katie Cash discuss the liminal space and how AEC firms should reallocate their marketing funds to adapt to the new low touch economy. During the discussion, you will hear five recommendations AEC firms should include in their 2021 plans and budgets.
What You Will Learn:
- Top 5 things to plan for in 2021
- How to allocate resources around seller-doer development
- Benefits of account-based marketing and account-based sales
- The importance of embracing digital advertising
- Taking traditional communication platforms virtual
- The keys to successful mergers & acquisitions