Living in the Liminal Space: New Procurement Processes, with Marvin Woodward
View the Smart Notes for this Episode
Kicking off season 2 of AEC Marketing for Principals, Marvin Woodward, the Deputy Director for the Georgia State Financing and Investment Commission, joins hosts Judy Sparks and Katie Cash to discuss how GSFIC is shifting their procurement process.
The state of Georgia is actively living in the liminal space in the wake of COVID-19. The agency has adopted remote work procedures, shifted its procurement process, opting for virtual interviews to keep projects moving forward, and is looking at updating its design standards and state construction manual with new processes, procedures, and guidelines.
What You Will Learn:
- What impact COVID-19 has had and will have on the state of Georgia’s design and construction market
- What GSFIC is doing to keep the procurement process moving during quarantine and beyond
- The importance of team dynamics in a project interview
- How the state is approaching construction in a low touch economy
- Skill sets GSFIC looks for when hiring a firm