Winning AEC Projects From the State, with Marvin Woodward
The Georgia State Financing and Investment Commission (GSFIC), was created by a constitutional amendment in 1972 and is responsible for the proper application of proceeds from general obligation debt and the issuance of all public debt by the State. No agency or authority can incur debt or employ other financial or investment advisory counsel without Commission approval.
Serving as the Deputy Executive Director of Construction of GSFIC, Marvin Woodward and his team help other state agencies with infrastructure and capital projects by facilitating funding, overseeing the procurement process, providing design review and project management services, and managing the warranty and complaints for projects. The GSFIC aims to be the State’s premier resource for financial and construction management services where the scale of these state projects varies drastically from project to project. Each year, the GSFIC is involved in roughly $1B in projects around the State and works with countless service providers from the AEC industry.
All state projects are advertised on the Georgia Procurement Registry and administered through a standard qualifications-based two-step selection process. GSFIC’s goal is to connect highly qualified AEC firms with projects that are a good fit while creating a highly competitive bidding process.
In this episode of AEC Marketing for Principals, Woodward joins hosts Judy Sparks and Katie Cash to discuss the projects GSFIC handles, what they are looking for in AEC partners, and how your firm can win work with the State.
What You Will Learn:
- Marvin Woodward’s role as Deputy Executive Director of Construction of the Georgia State Financing and Investment Commission
- Georgia State Financing and Investment Commission (GSFIC) and the types of projects they facilitate
- What GSFIC looks for in potential AEC partners
- How to gain visibility with GSFIC
- GSFIC’s selection process and what it takes for an AEC firm to make the shortlist
- Who composes the typical selection committee
- Georgia Procurement Registry: http://doas.ga.gov/state-purchasing/georgia-procurement-registry-for-local-governments
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marvin-woodward-68772221
- GSFIC: https://gsfic.georgia.gov/