Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Smartegies, is a full-service B2B marketing agency focused primarily on companies doing business in the built environment. Founded in 2008, our firm has worked with over 150 leading brands in architecture, engineering, construction, and commercial real estate in the U.S. and Canada. With a full-time team of 17 seasoned marketing strategists, account managers, content developers, and designers, we are committed to recruiting the best and brightest young marketing minds right out of college and providing them with hands-on training during a post-graduate internships that leads to a full-time career. Approximately 30% of our current staff has been through our internship program and currently employed full-time with our agency. Over 90% of our interns are offered full-time positions.
The ideal candidate must possess the following attributes:
- Extraordinary work ethic
- Strong organization & time management skills
- Natural curiosity
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite products (specifically - InDesign and Photoshop)
- Tech Savvy - ability to learn marketing automation tools easily
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Unrelenting positive attitude
- "Wicked Smaaart" (accent not required)
The position is based out of Atlanta, Georgia and candidates must be willing to relocate at their own expense.
The internship compensation is $12/hr with full-time salaries in the mid to high $30k. Internships range from 3-6 month durations.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Salary: $12.00 /hour
Smartegies is a rapidly growing B2B marketing agency that focuses primarily on the professional service industry. Our clients include commercial real estate, architecture, engineering and construction firms. We are celebrating our 10th year in business this year and have worked with more than 150 leading brands in the U.S. and Canada.
We are looking for the very best design talent to join our team. Applicants MUST include a link to their online portfolio to be considered. The intent of all internships at Smartegies is to convert to full-time positions within a 3 - 6 month period, with starting salaries in the high 30k's - mid 40k's.. We are looking for highly skilled designers for both print and digital applications.
Responsibilities and Duties
This is a "working" internship with more than 80% of your time focused on designing client deliverables and learning from senior designers and our strategy team. Smartegies is a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Interns will have exposure working with both our print and digital teams.
Digital Design Intern Duties:
- Design of websites (front-end design), microsites, landing pages, e-newsletters, digital ads, social media campaign visuals and other digital visuals to communicate a client’s brand
- Provide UX design from concept to delivery, collaborating with back-end developers
- Implement and manage client’s social media campaigns to include monitoring social media sites, alerts and blogs for any mention of client brands
- Update content on the company’s website as needed
- Assist with graphic design and marketing projects as needed
- Performing other design duties as assigned
Graphic (Print) Design Intern Duties:
- Design brand identity packages including logo, corporate stationery, and standard marketing templates
- Design magazine-style print collateral
- Design RFQ/P response packages
- Design large format graphics, such as job site signage, outdoor ads, etc.
- Design print ads
- Design high-impact presentation decks
- Set up files properly for digital and offset printing
- Photo editing
- Assist digital team with digital deliverables when workload requires.
- Performing other design duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
This is a post-graduate internship. Recent graduates and seniors in their final semester of college will be considered.
For both internship positions:
- Degree in graphic design, digital design, visual communications or related field is required
- Solid portfolio of work that demonstrates strong "design DNA"
- Preference is given to those who have completed other internships as a part of an agency in a print/graphic design position
- Meticulous attention to detail (perfectionist personality a plus)
- Self-starter with the ability to take minimal direction and run with it
- Ability to take constructive criticism
- Positive attitude and an understanding of how you fit into the culture of a larger team
- Ability to multitask and manage shifting priorities
- Naturally curious person with a love of learning
- Ability to multi-task and to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to occasionally work additional time when needed to meet deadlines
- Professional communication skills – verbal, written, presentation, etc.
- Shows initiative, drive and focus
- A proven team player with leadership ability
- A consistently great attitude- we don't tolerate negative attitudes! We love to be happy!
Specifics skills for the graphic design (print) internship:
- Enhanced proficiency with InDesign and strong familiarity with Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience creating print-ready documents
- Firm understanding of typography, color, and page layout best practices
- Exposure to different printing processes a plus
- Experience with photo editing and photography a plus
Specific skills for the digital design internship:
- Knowledge of website design; experience with content management systems, specifically WordPress
- Willingness to participate in courses, seminars or events relevant to professional development for position
- Strong digital design skills and the ability to create a wide variety of content
- Familiarity with current web design trends, techniques and user experience design
- Knowledge of video editing software and video editing ability
- Adept at social media and email marketing
Smartegies offers full-time employees medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K, as well as, paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Interns are not eligible for benefits until they become full-time, salaried employees.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $10.00 to $15.00 /hour
We've Been Looking.
Are You the One?