How and Why You Should Build a Marketing Team, with Whitney Thrower
Click Here for the Full Transcript
Many seller-doers at boutique firms assume marketing responsibilities, but there comes a time where half-hearted marketing starts to hinder productivity without yielding any results. Owners often ask themselves if they need a marketing department, but hiring a team is inevitable if you plan to grow.AEC firms can benefit from building a marketing team because when it comes to principals and technical professionals, the business needs eventually outweigh their marketing skillsets and external resources are required. Your resources should match your desired level of sophistication at the firm, but more importantly, they should reflect your plans for growth.
In this episode of AEC Marketing for Principals, Whitney Thrower joins hosts Judy Sparks and Katie Cash to talk about marketing as an investment with serious ROI. Thrower explains what it takes to build an effective marketing team at any size and how to tell when your firm is ready to do so.
What You Will Learn:
- Whitney Thrower’s journey into AEC marketing
- How an internal marketing team is structured
- The different roles in a marketing team and their responsibilities
- Marketing leadership
- Decentralized vs. centralized marketing teams
- The right time to build a marketing department
- Website: www.smartegies.com
- Twitter: @Smartegies