The Importance of Communication During a Social Movement, with Katie Cash and Donya Edler
On this special episode of AEC Marketing for Principals, host Katie Cash is joined by Smartegies Executive Vice President, Donya Edler, to talk about the importance of corporate communication during a social movement. 2020 has brought a lot of uncertainty and unrest, so how should firms address these topics the right way and what can we do to evoke change throughout the AEC industry?
During the episode, Katie and Donya provide examples of what AEC firms are doing to address diversity and inclusion internally and externally. Check out the examples below under Resources.
What You Will Learn:
- Importance of employee communication during this time
- Socially sensitive marketing
- How AEC firms are responding
- Why being silent diminishes brand loyalty and trust
- Chasm Architecture- The Human Spirit in Unbreakable: https://www.chasmarchitecture.com/the-human-spirit-is-unbreakable/
- H.J. Russell- CEO Speaks on Racial Injustice in America: https://www.hjrussell.com/h-j-russell-company-ceo-michael-b-russell-sr-s-statement/
- JLL- Building Pride: https://www.us.jll.com/en/careers/diversity-inclusion/building-pride-business-network
- NELSON Worldwide- Commitment to their Community: https://www.nelsonworldwide.com/community-statement/
- The Beck Group- Addressing Mental Health: https://www.beckgroup.com/culture-community/reducing-the-stigma-around-mental-health-in-construction/
- Jacobs- Speaking Up and Out for Equality: https://www.jacobs.com/equality?utm_source=site&utm_content=carousel